Transform your pesto in superpesto with Moringa
Moringa Pesto Pasta Sauce
28 oz. can of fire roasted tomatoes or 2 plump fresh tomatoes, diced and roasted
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Moringa Powder
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (substitute onion powder or garlic powder for less spiciness)
¾ cup olive oil (or any other poly or monounsaturated cooking oil)
1 cup Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1) Toast almonds in the oven, a toaster oven or in a dry skillet until crispy and golden brown.
2) Ground almonds in a food processor
3) Stir in canned or fresh tomatoes, red wine vinegar, Moringa Powder, basil, and red pepper (or other spices).
4) Drizzle oil into the mixture as the food processor is mixing ingredients to allow even distribution and saturation
5) Finally, add salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese
6) Pour over pasta and enjoy!
Adapted from Eatingwell.com